|Image via TheVerge.com|
After a more than 3 months of wait, the jailbreak for the A5 devices iPhone 4S and iPad 2 has finally come. For the time being, go to greenpois0n.com to know more on how the thing works. Just a warning to people who wants their iDevice getting out of Apple's prickly limitations, update now to 5.0.1 before they patches the exploit on another update. Unlockers should take note though, stay away from 5.0.1.
UPDATE 2: Absinthe is now available for both Mac OS and Windows! Check the guide below for the Windows version. Credits to iPhoneFAQ.org for the guide.
Make sure you backup your iPhone or iPad on iTunes before doing the jailbreak! We will not be responsible for any damage that may occur on your device!
1. Update your iPhone 4S to either iOS 5 or iOS 5.0.1 (the iPad 2 must be updated to iOS 5.0.1). iPhone users waiting for an unlock should stay at iOS 5 for now.
2. Download the Absinthe software by click here.
3. Unzip the Absinthe archive.
|Image via iPhoneFAQ.com|
5. Connect the iPhone 4S or iPad 2 to the computer via USB cable.
|Image via iPhoneFAQ.org|
6. Click the Jailbreak button in the lower right of the Absinthe application window.
7. The iPhone screen will display Restore in Progress. Do not touch the iPhone until Absinthe completes the restore process!
8. When Absinthe finishes, unlock the iPhone and find the Absinthe icon on one of your home screens. Tap the Absinthe icon to run the next step of the jailbreak.
9. The greenpois0n site will load briefly in mobile Safari then the iPhone 4S reboots.
10. The Absinthe icon automatically gets replaced by a Cydia icon after reboot. Your device is now jailbroken!
11. When running Cydia (the jailbreak app store) for the first time the program will take a few minutes to initialize. After this completes, navigate to the Changes menu and touch Refresh in the upper left hand corner to update the list of current software.